Monday, September 17, 2007

My "Freddy Krueger" part got the Knife!


On August 18th, 2007 I wrote this post on my Myspace blog:

"I have booked my 1st professional acting gig! It is the commercial for the Universal Studios Halloween Horror Nights. I will be playing the role of Freddy Krueger! Part of the theme is "A Nightmare on Elm Street". I am really excited. I'll be getting full prosthetic Freddy make-up from a Universal make-up artist and everything. I was Freddy Krueger for Halloween in the 5th grade, so landing this role at this time of year seems extra special for nostalgia's sake."

We shot the commercial overnight at Universal Studios and it was a really awesome experience. Unfortunately due to complications with New Line Cinema, the likeness of Freddy Krueger can't be used in the promotional material, and my role has ended up on the cutting-room floor! Oh well...I had a blast and it was the first of many fun and glorious times. I still get paid and have some very cool photos and really great memories.

p.s.
The photo above was taken while I was off-camera brushing up on some valuable advice from "Uta Hagen"!

No comments: